2XU Hyoptik Compression Tights
These tights are the ideal fitness wear for anyone who is serious about their outdoor sport. If you take part in, or are training to take part in, cross country runs, mud runs or obstacle courses, then these are the perfect tights for you.
They don’t just have to be for outdoor activities either – their versatility as a piece of clothing means that they are appropriate for all types of sport or exercise, whether you’re at the gym, on the court, or going for a jog.
The 2XU Hyoptik compression tights are lightweight, durable and very comfortable to wear, meaning they will not inhibit your movement in any way as you are completing your exercise. According to the website, the tight fit of this kind of athletic wear reduces muscle vibration. That means that your leg is theoretically less at risk of injury and you won’t be in any danger of exacerbating an existing injury.
The graduated fit increases blood circulation – this is very beneficial in repairing torn muscles and ligaments. The faster the blood can get to the damaged area, the faster it can heal. Your body knows what it needs, but an injury can prevent it helping itself. That’s where tights like this can come in, so you can keep doing the sport that you love, just safely and without hurting yourself.
They also have a PWX 70 denier front panel for flexibility, and a PWX 50 denier back panel for strength and stamina.
The tights have a drawstring waist for a secure fit and so you don’t have to worry about the waistband moving at all as your run, climb and generally move at your fullest capacity. They have flatlock seams as well which drastically reduces the risk of chafing, especially if you are using them for long distance running.
2XU have also used Polygiene, which they say will provide a lifetime of antibacterial and odour protection.
- The fit is good and the size chart is accurate. Many other customers said that these tights come up as a good and reliable size. Users say they fit like a glove and are very comfortable to wear. They can be work for long periods of time without a problem. The feeling is just like running with shorts on, so you have the same freedom and flexibility as if you were exercising bare-legged.
- These tights are excellent value for money – they are great as mid-range in terms of price and are incredibly durable so will last a long time and won’t need to be replaced often.
- There are so many injuries that are risked with running – tendonitis, shin splints, pulled muscles, sprains, breaks, to name but a few. Any sportswear which can reduce the risk of you hurting yourself when pusuing this type of sport is bound to be an advantage. Not only that, but if they allow you to keep on working out with an injury and benefiting from keeping up your training
- The 2XU Hyoptik Compression Tights can be a little difficult to get on, but this is due to the compression factor and means that they’ll be doing their job once you get them on. They might look as if they’re too small when you get them but, again, this is down to the nature of the compression. Over the ankle is a particularly tricky place to pull on and over the heel, but persevere and you’ll manage it. The well-made nature of the tights means they won’t tear if you give them a pull.
- You might need a second pair to reflect the seasons. Although these were excellent to use, you might want to adjust the thickness of the pair you wear for winter/summer outdoor sport so you can ensure you are comfortable and not getting too cold/too hot when you’re working out. Alternatively, in the colder months these can also be worn with a pair of standard jogging bottoms over the top.
- A rear pocket might be beneficial. Although these tights do have a small internal pocket which is the perfect size for a credit card when out running, in case you need one, its location makes it less easy to access than a rear one would be. Overall, the 2XU Hyoptik Compression Tights are a versatile piece of clothing which will quickly become essential for your sporting activity. They are also beneficial if you are recovering from an injury; the compression part of these tights is gradual, meaning that they are helpful in reducing muscle soreness and speeding up recovery if you have experienced an injury and are going through rehab.
Where To Buy
This page may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase via my affiliate link means I receive a small share of the sale.